Freeform/Ecstatic Dance = Movement Meditation
What is this and Why is it important?
Freeform/Ecstatic dance, what we call Movement Meditation, is part of a growing and larger wellness trend with evidence based proof of its benefits known to reduce stress and promote wellbeing, similar to Mindfulness Practices, Martial Arts & Yoga.
Dancing this way on a regular basis expands an individual’s understanding for self-care through an a simple, effective and fun method that promotes physical, mental, emotional wellbeing.
- Introduces the idea of self-care as effortless and fun
- Provides a therapeutic lifestyle tool/practice
- Reframes Mental Illness into Mental Wellness
- Reduces associated stigmas
- Group dance gatherings are well-known as a beneficial lifestyle and wellness practice and are appearing in workplaces, senior homes, schools – anywhere people spend time together as a community